COVID-19 Resource Page
The INFUSION team is here to help any way we can! If you need someone to talk to, vent to, freak out about your favourite YA read, anything and everything we got you! While we may not be able to connect in-person this year rest assured we are working hard behind the scenes; to bring as much joy as we possibly can to you and yours, while you're at home.
- BC Women's Health Foundation- The BC Women’s Health Foundation has established two COVID-19 Response Funds to respond quickly and effectively to the emerging needs of BC Women’s staff, women and their communities during this time.
- DTES Donation Centre- They are looking for the kind of donations that would help make it easier for people to stay in their single room, in the case they must self-isolate/quarantine.
- Food Banks Canada- Your donations will help fund direct support for local food banks so that they can continue to respond to the impact of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in their communities, primarily through the acquisition and sharing of critical food resources to communities affected or at risk.
- Canadian Blood Services- Blood donations are always needed, but at this point in time more so than before. If possible please make an appointment and donate (CBS is following all health protocols including enhanced screening), or make a financial donation.
- Vancouver Coastal Health- These are extraordinary times and there is unprecedented demand – they are accepting some donations to bolster our supply.
- 14 Day Emotional Well-being Program - Free program offered by CheckingIn to navigate COVID19 uncertainty.
- Short term 1:1 Counselling - If you have been impacted by Covid-19 and cannot afford counselling, support is available.
- Tips on how to support those around you - From Be There mental health support.
- Self management strategies for anxiety relating to COVID19 - From Anxiety Canada.
- Wellness Together Canada- provides free online resources, tools, apps and connections to trained volunteers and qualified mental health professionals when needed.
- Gratitude Happiness Journal- an app (available on Itunes/Play Store) which allows a breather from all the negativity and let's you take a step back, and see all that you have.
Financial Resources (Canada Wide)
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) - If you have stopped working (or had income greatly reduced) because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
- Employment Insurance (EI) Sickness Benefit - Allows up to 15 weeks of assistance if a person cannot work due to medical reasons, such as self-isolation or self-quarantine.
- GST Rebate Increase - They are providing a one-time special payment starting April 9 for low- and modest-income families.
The average additional benefit will be close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples.
- Child Care Benefit - Eligible recipients receive $300 more per child with their regular May Child Care Benefit payment.
- Tax Filing and Payments - Personal income tax filings deadline extended to June 1, 2020. Penalties and interest will not be charged if your balance is paid by September 1, 2020.
Financial Resources (British Columbia)
- ICBC - Customers on a monthly payment plan who are facing financial challenges due to COVID19 may defer their payment for up to 90 days with no penalty.
- BC Emergency Benefit for Workers - Provides one time $1000 payment to those who lost income because of COVID-19.
- BC Student Loans - As of March 30, 2020 BC student loan payments are automatically frozen for 6 months.
- BC Rent Relief and Eviction Ban - The funds will support renters experiencing a loss of income by helping them pay their rent and will be paid directly to landlords on their behalf, to ensure landlords continue to receive rental income during the pandemic.